Herb Hanging Basket in June
Herbs are not only beautiful and aromatic garden plants, they are also versatile and rewarding. Quite apart from being useful plants with attractive foliage and flowers, many have culinary and medicinal properties. With their concentration of texture and aroma, herbs suit most areas of the garden, whether spilling over a couple of pots by the kitchen door, plumping out a herbaceous border or tumbling out of a hanging basket. Some come with pretty flowers. There’s heartsease, Viola tricolour, which bears masses of dainty yellow and purple flowers that are both fragrant and edible; spikes of lavender, both aromatic and long-lasting; and chives with pretty pink flowers peeping out amongst thin, onion-flavoured leaves which, chopped finely, make a piquant addition to salads or sauces.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words