Alpine Hanging Basket in May
If your hanging basket never seems to have sufficient space for the plants you want to grow, then look no further than the rock plant family, a delightful group that includes dwarf conifers and petite perennials such as aubretia, veronica, pinks and saxifrage. Many flower profusely between spring and early summer, bearing the prettiest of flowers, often allied with handsome foliage. Rock plants have many attractions, but when it comes to gardening in miniature, they are hard to better. When choosing plants, it is essential to choose compatible varieties in terms of flowering times, growing conditions, and with similar growth rates to avoid one plant enveloping another.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words