Planting a July Hot Pot
Match beautiful plants to an out-of-the-ordinary container, and the overall effect is far greater than the sum of its parts. Tins, bowls, baskets, crates, kettles, scuttles, pails, pots and pans are some of the many alternative containers that, with minor modifications, make remarkable plant partners. This unpolished, old brass coal scuttle turns a matt, reddish brown colour that suits hot coloured plants — Calibrachoa ‘Million Bells Crackling Fire’, French marigolds, trailing Sanvitalia procumbens, Gazanias ‘Gazoo Orange’ and ‘Gazoo Clear Yellow’. In the centre is the ornamental grass, Carex comans ‘Milk Chocolate’, which provides a perfect foil to the bright colours.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words