Step-by-Step Planting a Summer Pot
Pots are ideal for providing instant splashes of colour, and few plants achieve that with less fuss and bother than summer flowering plants. Combine with red-leaved heuchera and ornamental grasses, not only to add body, but also to flow over the sides, creating an impression of greater maturity. Pack in the plants for greatest impact. Informal arrangements provide a chance to experiment with different colour schemes, or unusual plants such as these new introductions, compact Verbena bonariensis and Japanese anemones. Raised up on oak cube, a pot creates a new focal point, whilst behind, tall border planting adds height to the display. Practical demonstration for inexperienced gardeners.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words