Manor House in Winter
This garden exists only by dint of the imagination and combined efforts of its owners, Simon and Kathy Brown. Each plays their part. Whilst it is Simon who had the vision to create the main views, and develop the topiary, hedges and lawns, Kathy takes credit for planning the planting schemes in the different areas, weeding, and gathering fruit, vegetables and flowers. The four acres is divided into distinctive areas — a formal French garden with topiary, a fountain area, a laburnum and wisteria walk. But at this time of year, the focus is on a winter garden where a blaze of gold, silver and copper emanates from shiny coloured stems, textured bark, shimmering grasses, crisp topiary and clumps of the prettiest bulbs.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words