Gardeners are a resourceful bunch, well used to adapting to whatever nature throws their way. Not surprisingly, then, turning one person’s rubbish into something of value comes naturally and, with a little imagination, items destined for the dustbin can be transformed into garden ornaments that have individuality and timeless appeal. Recycling, now a hot topic, is being upstaged by upcycling — the process of transforming old or discarded items into something useful, and often beautiful, that is often better and of greater value than the original. There’s a host of possibilities to be found by rummaging through salvage and reclamation yards, browsing through local car boot or garage sales, seeking out junk shops and braving auctions, especially those with an agricultural theme.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words