Autumn Bucket Step by Step
For sheer ‘wow’ factor in an autumn display, it’s hard to better Colchicum, the autumn crocus. Clusters of gleaming, silvered pink or white flowers emerge from summer dormancy ahead of their leaves, hence the common name ‘Naked Ladies’. Few bulbs are as irrepressible — autumn crocuses flower regardless of whether they are planted or not, so can be bought late in the summer, provided they are immediately put into deep, moisture-retentive soil in a sunny spot.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words