Alpine Trough Step-by-Step
Gardening in miniature introduces the rock plant family, a delightful group that includes diminutive bulbs, perennials, shrubs, conifers and alpines. Many flower profusely between spring and early summer, bearing the prettiest of petite flowers, often allied with handsome foliage.
Rock plants have many attractions, but one in particular is their pintsized form which enables gardeners — especially those with plantaholic tendencies — to grow a large number of different species in a relatively confined space such as a small scree bed or stone trough.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words
Tags: May, alpine, practical, rock plants, step by step, trough