Hanging Basket in September
It may be late in the season, but there’s still plenty of flowering plants to fill a basket. Container planting is infinitely adaptable and, the smaller the space, the larger a part it plays. A hanging basket is the ultimate space-saver, filling a third dimension with ephemeral displays that can be regularly swapped over to ensure an unbroken succession of colour throughout the seasons. A vintage basket provides a welcome alternative to the rather limited range of standard hanging baskets. Bought at a car boot sale, this woven wicker shopping basket creates a lovely focal point, either suspended from a hook, or resting casually somewhere in the garden.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words