Vine Cottage in June
By early summer, the parterre is a glorious sight with a central bed filled with Rosa‘Louise Odier’, a fragrant rich pink Old Rose, tempered by clumps of catmint, Nepeta x faassenii. ‘I chose roses for their combination of strong scent and rich colours.’ The planting of the four outer beds mirrors each, with more Old Roses — ‘Reine des Violettes’ mingling with the modern ‘Anna Pavlova, interspersed with Astrantia‘Roma’, mounds of Geranium ‘Blue Cloud’, and dark blue spikes of Salvia x sylvestris‘Dear Anja’. ‘Having worked as an interior designer, I instinctively knew which shades of pink and blue would work best together,’ she says.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words