Trees for Every Season
Both ornamental specimens and fruit trees provide structure throughout the year, a vital ingredient in a garden’s permanent framework that can only be fully appreciated in the depths of winter when the landscape is largely stripped bare.
2022 promises to see countless trees planted under the Queen’s Green Canopy initiative, created to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee. Whilst it is both a celebration and a timely reminder of the essential role that trees play in the fight against global warming, closer to home trees are simple providers of food and shelter for wildlife. This initiative also presents a great opportunity for gardeners to reacquaint themselves with the huge range of beautiful trees available, and choose one best suited to their particular situation and growing conditions.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words