Tithe Barn in May
This walled garden is beautifully established with traditional cottage planting of roses, peonies, clematis, delphiniums and other herbaceous perennials. The ancient barn lies along one side of the plot, separating the walled back garden from the front where the drive is flanked by a small annual wildflower meadow of corn poppies, field camomile and toadflax which provide nectar to bees in the nearby hive. ‘The meadow replaces a section of lawn, and is a favourite bee haunt,’ she adds. Lawn and a path continue beyond the meadow, leading down the side of the barn, passing a small patio with a table, chairs and pots of hostas, before arriving at a gate that opens into the westerly side of the walled garden.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words