Urban Sanctuary in July
Immediately below the kitchen is a secluded seating area that catches the morning sun. There are pots filled with agapanthus, bamboos, box, ferns, ornamental grasses and white flowering plants, whilst fragrant star jasmine covers the fence. With its green and white colour scheme, this enclosed area provides a peaceful area for dining or relaxing. A short path, leading between two clipped box balls and leafy variegated dogwoods, connects the courtyard to a formal garden with mixed borders edging a circular lawn. Box balls add structure and formality mixed in amongst informal flowering plants that start in spring with irises and alliums, followed by summer’s foxgloves, delphiniums, lythrum, hydrangeas, Japanese anemones, Verbena bonariensis, sedum and coneflowers.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words