Step-by-Step Planting an Autumn Pot
As the peak of high summer wanes, it’s time to strategically place a few pots of flowering plants round the garden. Chrysanthemums, asters, miniature Japanese anemones or Verbena bonariensis, sedums and ornamental grasses all blend beautifully. Garden pots provide the most versatile way of creating eye-catching focal points that can be easily moved around, and changed with the seasons. Coming in a huge variety of materials, sizes, shapes and colours, garden containers are infinitely adaptable, and easily planted up to create spot colour in any garden position, sunny or shady. This demonstration shows novice gardeners how best to plant a container that will provide colour for some weeks.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words