Lavender Wand Making
For as long as there has been lavender and ribbons, people have been making lavender wands to preserve the beautiful aroma for months to come. It is an ancient country craft that has been passed down the generations, as relevant today as ever it was. Perfect as gifts, to hang in the linen cupboard or slip between clothes in a drawer, lavender wands are easy and relaxing to make — after all, lavender is known for its calming effect. Lavender has long been valued as a medicinal herb for relaxing both mind and body, and improving sleep patterns. The Romans used lavender in their baths, and it is still used today in cosmetics, oils and remedies for soothing the spirit.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words