Christmas Table Decorations
As Christmas fast approaches, there’s still time to create a beautiful and original, candle-lit centrepiece. Fresh berries, foraged seedheads and dried garden flowers are all that’s needed to make a table arrangement. Taking a Christmas tree sliced log base, position a candle in the centre — for safety, place tea lights in a pot such as an old condiment bowl, or use a candle-in-a-jar. Decorate the log slice with dried material such as nuts, seeds, cinnamon sticks and dried fruits or flowers, interspersed with fresh chillies or berries — holly berries or mistletoe are ideal. For those final touches, dry orange or lemon slices in the oven — it takes just three hours. Rosebuds dry within ten days, with silica gel in an airtight container.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words