Garden Posie for September
A posy may take minutes to arrange, but it’s still worth taking a few simple measures to ensure the flowers last. Only pick flowers when dry, avoiding the heat of the day, and strip back foliage from the length of stem that sits below the water line to avoid decay and sullied water. Use secateurs or sharp scissors to cut the flower’s stems cleanly and at an angle — this creates a larger surface area to absorb water, whilst preventing the stem sitting flat on the base of the vase and sealing over. Small in stature, a posy relies upon larger-than-life forms, seductive colour, contrasting textures and scent to draw attention.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words