Family Garden in May
If proof were needed that a family garden can be both practical and beautiful, then look no further than the delightful third-of-an-acre designed by mother-of-three, Dawn Isaac. ‘Ours combines both relaxing places for grown-ups with tucked-away play areas where it’s easy to hide the children’s toys if we’re entertaining,’ explains Dawn, garden designer and author I’ve designed the garden so that you immediately see a large lawn and ‘wraparound’ borders for impact, but then there are hidden pathways and areas to discover afterwards. Central to my design is the lawn which is big enough for children to play football, or a marquee for 100 people — I needed that for my fortieth birthday.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words