Contemporary Classic in May
Moving in during 2015, for two years the owners lived with the existing garden, keeping careful notes, and discovering just how windy it can be and how unexpectedly heavy the clay soil, before in collaboration with garden designer, Fiona Harrison, they arrived at a layout that combines contemporary living areas around the house with sweeping views across the lawns to wildflowers and hidden corners. The garden is now maturing quickly with the help of a number of trees. A pergola leads to a boardwalk that steps through borders packed with euphorbia, phlomis, salvia, irises, geums and scabious, before arriving at the main terrace that stretches the length of the rear of the barn, incorporating several eating areas between a kitchen garden, and contemporary daybed swing.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words