Belle Vue in May
It’s hard to believe that this garden, with its mature specimen plants and hidden alcoves, measures just 12 feet wide. However, whilst it appears narrow at the outset, as you walk along the path and discover surprises at each twist and turn, it seems wider because it cannot be viewed all at once. Adding to the illusion are boundary fences that are carefully built up with climbing plants, trees and shrubs, but without taking up much space. It’s also ingeniously planted so as to take advantage of the borrowed landscape of trees in neighbouring gardens, adding to a feeling of spaciousness.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words