Hanging Basket in April
As some of the most spectacular bulbs emerge in an astonishing spectrum of colours, there’s no mistaking that tulip season is underway. Amongst the prettier blooms are a number of dwarf varieties that are shown to best advantage in a hanging basket where they can easily be admired. Tulipa ‘Pinnocchio’ flowers mid-season, having scarlet flowers with cream edges that open wide in the sunshine, measuring some 10 centimetres across. Even the leaves are interesting, broad and striped with a dull maroon. With their red and maroon tones, ‘Pinnocchio’ tulips fit well into a colour scheme of red, purple, white and lime green. As a backdrop, try the lovely sedge ‘Milk Chocolate’, a tufted ornamental grass that looks wonderful from whichever angle the basket is viewed.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words