Woodside Avenue in July
The garden is sufficiently wide for a broad sunny border that follows the curve of the lawn and a brick path, leading the eye down the garden, and linking the house to the far patio. The path is built from reclaimed bricks that match the house, and are also used to edge the steps and for a circular patio. Close to the house, they have planted golden roses and ‘Hidcote’ lavender to waft fragrance as you brush past. Running through the sunny border is a backbone of structural plants such as a silver birch, a holly, a big-leaved Fatsia japonicaand a smokebush with rich autumn colour. There are also ornamental grasses such as miscanthus and pennisetum, to add body and autumn seedheads.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words