Valley Road Garden in July
With its stunning views of a summer meadow and tree-lined horizon, it’s hard to believe that this 23m x 10m garden is only a few miles from the centre of London. It is no coincidence that this borrowed landscape was fully utilised when award-winning garden designer, Kate Gould, redesigned her parents’ garden. The layout is based on circles which allows for all-round planting to surround and frame the hard landscaping. Most importantly, though, it maximized on the space for growing plants, making use of an established framework of mature trees and shrubs. There are a number of different seating areas ranging from a sunken terrace adjacent to the house to one in the gravel garden, which catches the last rays of the sun each day.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words