The Avenue in August
It is rare for a small back garden to contain so many beautifully tended and blended plants, but that it also doubles as a stylish outdoor space where the family can relax. ‘The original garden had no patio or seating areas, so when we redesigned the plot, it was unthinkable not to have a space for entertaining,’ explain Martin and Jane Woods. The steps showcase a collection of potted plants and vintage watering cans, mixed in with other materials, colours, shapes and sizes — small copper pots, for example, look wonderful. There is a wonderful collection of cacti and succulents that add a touch of the exotic to the garden.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words