Garden Lodge in Spring
This is a garden of varying moods, with areas that are busy or calm, practical or dreamy, woodland or herbaceous, separate but seamlessly linked together. At the heart is the walled cottage garden with a formal parterre of four identical geometric beds contained within crisply cut box hedges filled with tulips in spring, perennials and roses in summer. And, whilst the planting is well organised and beautifully maintained, it appears very informal and natural. A narrow alley leads to a greenhouse and small potager with sweet peas, fruit trees, vegetables and herbs. It is a simple design of four raised beds, each with herbs arranged around a tall centrepiece — obelisk of sweet peas, wigwam of runner beans and two miniature fruit trees.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words