Frosty Awakening in February
The first encounter with this private garden presents a series of beckoning paths that wander idly through woodland, past borders and terraces, to linger in shady retreats or sunlit spaces alike. ‘I like things to flow and connect — after all, there’s no such thing as a straight line in nature, and our garden reflects that with curving lines and rounded shapes,’ points out Jackie who has created a garden of profound significance. The concept is based on the idea of a journey, both in a metaphorical sense as well as physical, that is depicted through the use of paths, some of which are clear, whilst others are more obscure. ‘I wanted the garden to be meaningful — everything has a deeper connection,’ she explains.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words