Elaine’s Garden in July
Looking out of the window at Elaine and John Thurston’s floriferous back garden, it is hard to imagine it without a fabulous array of flowers. ‘Just five years ago, it was little more than fence-to-fence lawn, a few shrubs, and a couple of trees to give some privacy from the neighbouring houses,’ recalls Elaine. ‘Today, we have the garden we’ve always wanted — a tranquil, cottage-style garden with a soft, romantic colour palette of pinks, white and baby blues.’ Such a radical change did not happen overnight but when the couple’s two sons had outgrown using the back garden as a playground and the swings and slides were disposed of, it left the plot as a blank canvas,’
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words