Contemporary meets Cottage Garden May
The rear garden was a 22m x 10m, nondescript rectangle, so a design by Cleve West terraces the rising plot into different areas, providing lovely views from the sitting room. Steps connect a broad patio with a raised gravel garden, passing beneath rose pergolas to arrive at another pergola that frames the view of a lovely border of perennials which peaks in early summer. Much of the garden is laid to gravel and is planted with less usual drought tolerant plants, whilst a decorative greenhouse separates the flowery areas from a productive vegetable area laid out in raised beds.
Images and slideshow
- Click on a thumbnail to jump to its associated image.
- To quickly look through the images, use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Click the icon at the top-right corner of the image area to enter full-screen mode.
- To exit full-screen mode, click the close button (top right) or use the esc key on the keyboard.
Buy this feature for use in your publicationWhat’s in a feature package:
- 25-50 high resolution jpegs
- Full captions in spreadsheet
- In-depth text of 800+ words